Today I discovered a bug while installing the new Metasploit3 Framework
, according to the provided instructions
. The essence of the problem is a mixing of a new version of rails (1.2.2) with an old version (< 0.9.0) of RubyGems. This is a problem for anybody that is running Gentoo Stable, as Gentoo is currently shipping RubyGems version 0.8.11-r6. The work around is to install the testing branch of RubyGems. To do this in Gentoo, simply appending: dev-ruby/rubygems ~x86
to the file: /etc/portage/package.keywords
and rerunning emerge rubygems
I've also opened up a defect ticket
with metasploit so the documentation can be updated.
Labels: Gentoo, Metasploit, RubyGems